|Bishop Auckland Food Festival logo|
As well as sampling food from the local area and internationally, a few special guests will be in attendance, demonstrating their recipes and signing books.
Knowing Bishop Auckland all too well, I'll stick my neck out and say that the traffic in town during the day will be terrible, jams and slow moving. Especially before the start at 10am and close at 4pm. There is parking in Bishop Auckland, but drivers are being advised to park at the college or just out of town at Perfect Homes & Gardens. There will be charges for the park and ride service provided. Follow this link for more information.
What has this got to do with a biking website? Well...here's the science bit, so concentrate.
There are many benefits to riding your bike to the food festival if you live in or just outside Bishop Auckland:
- Driving the car will hard work as the congestion on the roads will be high
- You might struggle to get parked
- You will have to pay to use the park & ride
- You can park your bike securely just about anywhere as long as you have a suitable chain. See this map for more details
- Riding your bike is great exercise
- Therefore you can sample more cake - guilt free!
- You could if you wanted to, sample a couple of ales - but be careful, riding under the influence can be dangerous
- Cycling is a fun, family activity
So there's a few reasons for you to consider. If you do decide to go to the festival on your bike, leave a comment below or get in touch and let me know how you found it!